The Cost Saving Network Forums Forum Index The Cost Saving Network Forums
Deals, Bargains, Sales, Popular Items and General Store and Product Discussions.
Post your questions, deals that you found, reviews of shops or products, and more.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups Setup Revenue SharingSetup Revenue Sharing  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Prepaid

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Cost Saving Network Forums Forum Index -> Mobile Phones and Supplies
saveabuck

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:31 am    Post subject: Prepaid Reply with quote

My son who will be turning 10 this November wants a cell phone. I donít mind buying him one, but I think itís a bad idea to add him to my plan. I want to purchase him a prepaid phone, but donít know which company to go with. Do any of you use prepaid?
LizaJane

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well for a 10 year old I think that I would look at the phone that allows them to call Mom, Dad, and 911 but if you really trust your son to have his own phone and don't care who he calls then look at either Boost or Virgin.
Archie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I highly suggest the GO phone by Cingular. They have a great pay as you go plan and seem to offer some of the best rates around and have a great coverage area!
igauresh

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Verizon has a good pre-pay phones. You have a pretty good idea, to get a pre-paid phone for your son. Its comes in handy in case of emergencies. If pre-paid phones are not good you can go with metro, they have unlimmited calling plan for around 40 bucks a month.
couponfinder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started out with a pre-paid cell phone from Verizon. I know have a plan because I use my phone more. Verizon has a lot of great deals on there phones and the minutes aren't expensive at all.
Alyssa

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he has to have a phone then prepaid is definantly the way to go for someone who is that age. I would look into all of the ones that have already been mentioned and see who has the best pricing for what you need.
Cherrie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And besides that, the prepaid phones look so cool and not ugly looking so you dont have to feel embarrased, i say that because i also started out with a prepaid phone and back then you knew it was pepaid,lol
rfruth

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this sooooo reminds me of what Jame's has mentioned in the main discussion forum.... Smile
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:10 am    Post subject: Firefly Phone is an Option Reply with quote

If you'd *really* like to control a young child's mobile phone calls, you can always use a Firefly Phone.
[url]<blocked>www.mobilephonesaving.net/phonem/Firefly+Mobile,+Inc..html[/url]

The phones come with 4 or 5 buttons and allow you to pre-program a few phone numbers to restrict whom they can call.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Cost Saving Network Forums Forum Index -> Mobile Phones and Supplies All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1