The Cost Saving Network Forums Forum Index The Cost Saving Network Forums
Deals, Bargains, Sales, Popular Items and General Store and Product Discussions.
Post your questions, deals that you found, reviews of shops or products, and more.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups Setup Revenue SharingSetup Revenue Sharing  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wireless card

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Cost Saving Network Forums Forum Index -> Computer Supplies and Peripherals
rain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:34 pm    Post subject: Wireless card Reply with quote

Does anyone know of some websites for wireless card? And what's the price range?
Dan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm a little puzzled concerning what you mean by "wireless card" perhaps you mean a card/port for your pc that enable wireless connectivity - well most new computers have this built in, but if you really need one "Belkin" are probably the best dealers.
ASmith16

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am alittle confused as well, could you please clarify?
Thanks
pizzaboy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you talking about a card for your laptop for wirless intrnet?
rabi12

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am also unsure - could you please give more details
igauresh

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you want to connect your desktop PC to your laptop wireless. You need PCI wireless lan card which can be plugged in to your motherboard PCI slot. I assume you have wifi port on you laptop then you need access point to share data between these machines. I prefer DLINK lan card and access points. Wireless lan card will cost you around $10 and access point will cost you $25. I really dont know about international sites where you can buy cause I am from India and I know Indian rates which I think won't help you.
saveabuck

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a laptop and I purchased Linksys Wireless G router. It comes with the wireless card. However, I do have problems with limited or no connectivity when I am to far away from the router. I am looking for something that will allow me to take my laptop outside of my house, any ideas?
LizaJane

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Netgear Wirless G Router and I can go outside without any problems at all. I wonder if there really is that much of a difference from company to company?
couponfinder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have Linksys wireless G router and I cant go outside of my house. When I bought the router the sales person told me that I would be able to. Well I have to say that he lied to me. If I am to far away I loose my connection.
igauresh

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wireless routers are used for generally around one room. I have heard that the 50Gig routers have a shorter range then 100Gig's. If you want a longer range try getting the 100Gig's.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Cost Saving Network Forums Forum Index -> Computer Supplies and Peripherals All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1