The Cost Saving Network Forums Forum Index The Cost Saving Network Forums
Deals, Bargains, Sales, Popular Items and General Store and Product Discussions.
Post your questions, deals that you found, reviews of shops or products, and more.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups Setup Revenue SharingSetup Revenue Sharing  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Router

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Cost Saving Network Forums Forum Index -> Macintosh
Shadow

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 5:19 am    Post subject: Router Reply with quote

Hey guys, I need a new wireless router for my mac. I already have my cable modem installed but it doesnt have a wireless router built in. What routers do you guys use? I have been looking over at apple and it's just too expensive for me. Any suggestions would be nice...

Last edited by Shadow on Sun Jul 30, 2006 12:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
JackieN

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would suggest that you look and see what NetGear has available. That is what I am currently using and it could not be faster and I am running two laptops and a printer off of it.
Tormord

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get a linksys wireless G router. It retails at about $80. I don't think you need to install any software to connect it. Your mac would automatically recognize it. But Netgear is fine too. If you are going for Netgear, try to see if Netgear WGR 614v5 is available. That's what I use.
asmith12

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also recommend NetGear.
Melvin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a free NetGear with the purchase of my new laptop. I have no complaints about it and actually like it much better than the linksys router that I had previous.
saveabuck

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Linksys wireless router. I works great for me. We have multiple computers in my house. I have a desktop and two laptops, so the router really comes in handy. I have the wireless G router.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as you get a "G" router it really does not matter what brand you get. Do not let a sales person tell you that a "B" router is fine for home use, because from expierence I can tell you that it stinks.
SuzyQue

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry that was me above. I am not used to having to sign in as on my computer at home I am alway logged on. Embarassed
igauresh

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linksys is a good brand, it is very easy to use and easy to set up, but it is a bit expensive. Motorola also makes wireless router, it has the same options as the linksys but a few bucks cheaper. Dlink is also a popular brand. Which ever one you decide to buy they all would work well with the Mac.
Archie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a netgear and I would recommend any of their products any day. I got the netgear and replaced my old Linksys brand router and the difference between the two is truly amazing. I also bought a wireless adapter made by Netgear and no problems with that either.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Cost Saving Network Forums Forum Index -> Macintosh All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1