The Cost Saving Network Forums Forum Index The Cost Saving Network Forums
Deals, Bargains, Sales, Popular Items and General Store and Product Discussions.
Post your questions, deals that you found, reviews of shops or products, and more.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups Setup Revenue SharingSetup Revenue Sharing  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anti-Virus Software

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Cost Saving Network Forums Forum Index -> PC
sunshine

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 6:37 pm    Post subject: Anti-Virus Software Reply with quote

What type of virus protection do you use? I have McAfee virus scan, this is the software that came with my computer. I just wanted to get some input on what type of virus software others prefer to use.
saveabuck

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use McAfee also. This is the software that came with my computer when I bought it. I have also used Norton Anti Virus in the past. I donít really have a preference, I just like to use the software that came with my computer.
igauresh

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use Grisoft's AVG anitivirus. It's free for personal use or you can go for corporate version which is not free. I had used Norton for a while and after that I switched to Mcfee which I dont like it . Now I'm using avg for last 6 months and i have'nt got any problems since then.
SuzyQue

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a waiting target as I do not run any antivirus software. I have found that once you install it and then let it run out that you will end up getting a virus. I have had the computer that I use now for over 3 years without any problems.
igauresh

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Getting virus depends on how you use your computers online. I download anything from peer to peer software and I keep my computer running for many hours so it's easy to get virus. Not even virus sometimes we get trojan horse and spyware which we don't come to know. They steal our important data. even if we don't use antivirus we must have antispyware if work is related to online banking and stuff like that.
Holly

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use AVG and I really like it. I downloaded the free version after my anti virus software expired. I had Norton and I did not like it at all. I would recommend AVG, especially if you donít have the money to spend to upgrade or buy new software.
Bowlerguy921

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am using Grisofts AVG antivirus. Its great. It updates everyday and i have not gotton a virus whilst using it. Best of all im on the Free version. It works great. I also use norton but i dont have it downloaded yet. I dont really need it right now.
igauresh

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use McAfee also. It is a pretty good anti-virus program. Big coorporations use it as their anti-virus. I used to work for a telecom company and they use McAfee.
couponfinder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use McAfee and I like it. It is the software that came with my computer. I usually purchase an upgrade online every two years. I am going to check out the AVG software. This software is free?
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Cost Saving Network Forums Forum Index -> PC All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1