The Cost Saving Network Forums Forum Index The Cost Saving Network Forums
Deals, Bargains, Sales, Popular Items and General Store and Product Discussions.
Post your questions, deals that you found, reviews of shops or products, and more.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups Setup Revenue SharingSetup Revenue Sharing  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

RAM?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Cost Saving Network Forums Forum Index -> PC
Shadow

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 6:11 am    Post subject: RAM? Reply with quote

I currently have 1GB ( DD2 533 MHz )..but I need more. 1 GB is fine for most things but I feel like I'm not getting the full glory of high-end games like Doom 3.. How much more Ram do I need? Should I add another 1 GB?

How much RAM do you guys have & What type of applications do you run?
JackieN

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would think that if you were to add another 1GB that you will be more then set for playing games such as Doom and the like.
Tormord

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dude! What's yout graphics card like? 1 GB is more than enough for most games. I have a GeForce 6800 GS and it is just awesome! You should look into it. Price is low as $250. The Price/performance ratio is just out of the world.
pennypincher

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was going to say that you should be fine with the 1G that you already have. I wonder why you are not getting the performance that you think that you should. Like the previous poster said I would look into a new graphics card if you are serious about gaming on your pc.
asmith12

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea - 1 GB seems like a lot - why do you need more?
Bowlerguy921

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well for upcoming games i would say you should probably have about 2 gigs. 1 gig of RAM is fine for this generation of games but once the next generation hits in a year or 2 your going to need that extra gig of ram.
igauresh

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well having 1 gig of ram is pretty nice. But if you have a slow processor, the amount of ram you have don't really mean a thing. Be sure to read your game's PC requirements and see if the software and processors your using is compatible with your game. Also check to see what the required amount of RAM is for that game. If it says you need 2 gigs, then I recommend upgrading to 2 gigs.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Cost Saving Network Forums Forum Index -> PC All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1